|author||Rob Bradford <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2008-02-19 15:16:07 +0000|
|committer||rob <rob@aea7fca7-3721-49c4-ace3-ac8c44b998bb>||2008-02-19 15:16:07 +0000|
2008-02-19 Rob Bradford <email@example.com>
* README: Update README.
Diffstat (limited to 'README')
1 files changed, 24 insertions, 9 deletions
@@ -33,6 +33,15 @@ Dependencies
* OProfileUI 0.2.0 or newer (e.g. SVN trunk). [Optional]
+Packages built for Debian 'unstable' and Ubuntu 'gutsy' can be found in the
+OpenedHand repository. Details of the entries to add to your sources.list can
+be found at http://debian.o-hand.com.
+The packages that you need to install are: anjuta, anjuta-plugin-sdk and
+optionally oprofile and oprofileui.
@@ -109,21 +118,27 @@ debugger against it.
the package into a temporary directory and then copy using rsync over SSH
into the target. Progress and messages will be shown in the message view.
-* To debug program installed into onto the target choose "Tools->Debug
+* To debug a program installed into onto the target choose "Tools->Debug
remote". This prompts for the local binary to debug and also the command
- line to run on the target. This will start a gdbserver over SSH on the
- target and also an instance of a cross-gdb in a local terminal. This will be
- preloaded to connect to the server and use the "SDK root" to find symbols.
- This gdb will break in "main" you should setup your breakpoints when it
- execution is stopped on this breakpoint otherwise you may not be able to
- interupt execution. The command line to run should include the full path to
- the to binary installed in the target. You may find it necessary to stop the
- debugger in the target using "Tools->Stop debugger".
+ line to run on the target. The command line to run should include the full
+ path to the to binary installed in the target. This will start a gdbserver
+ over SSH on the target and also an instance of a cross-gdb in a local
+ terminal. This will be preloaded to connect to the server and use the "SDK
+ root" to find symbols. This gdb will connect to the target and load in
+ various libraries and the target program. You should setup any breakpoints
+ or watchpoints now since you might not be able to interrupt the execution
+ later. You may find it necessary to stop the debugger on the target using
+ "Tools->Stop debugger".
* It is also possible to execute a command in the target over SSH, the
appropriate environment will be be set for the execution. Choose "Tools->Run
remote" to do this. This will open a terminal with the SSH command inside.
+* To do a system wide profile against the system running in QEMU choose
+ "Tools->Profile remote". This will start up OProfileUI with the appropriate
+ parameters to connect to the server running inside QEMU and will also supply
+ the path to the debug information necessary to get a useful profile.